Business Relationship Officer (Ireland)
The PGA is committed to promoting the value of the PGA Professional at the Heart of Golf and in a continued effort to support, develop and advise PGA members in their place of work the Association is seeking to recruit a Business Relationship Officer to carry out this important role in Ireland
The overall purpose of the Business Relationship Officer will be to:
- Ensure that each member has a productive, proactive working relationship with their Golf Club (or employer/ deployer)
- Promote the skills and abilities of the members as professionals in the business of golf
- Provide members with a service that will impact on their day to day performance as a PGA Professional in the business of golf
- Establish individual performance needs analysis and action plans which promote the continual professional development of PGA Members
- Provide an advisory service for Golf Clubs for the effective recruitment or engagement of PGA Professionals
To fulfil the requirements of this role it is essential that you have evidenced experience of running a business and understanding the needs of a Golf Club. This may be as a PGA Professional (AA essential and Advanced Professional or higher preferred), a Golf Club Manager or having worked in other fields. You will possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to build relationships. You will have a flexible and adaptable approach to self-managing your workload and possess excellent IT skills. An extensive knowledge of the golfing industry and a successful background within the industry is desirable, as is a working knowledge of employment contracts.
The nature of the job will involve considerable travel throughout Ireland, as well as occasional work related trips to National Headquarters. The successful candidate will be based from home but may be expected to work from the PGA in Ireland office from time to time.
This is fundamentally an operational post with no line management responsibilities. The contract is permanent and, in addition to an attractive salary, we are offering a fully expensed car and, after a qualifying period, private healthcare and non-contributory pension.
If you have the necessary qualifications and experience, apply in writing, enclosing your CV and current salary to:
Kathy Hughes, HR Manager at PGA National Headquarters, Centenary House, The Belfry, Sutton Coldfield B76 9PT or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 5 pm on 26 June 2013.
Interviews will take place at Dundalk Golf Club, Dundalk, Co. Louth on Thursday, 11 July 2013.