Before the launch of the Irish Sports Council Annual Report 2011, an Anti-Doping Practical Workshop was hosted by the Irish Sports Council with a focus on the practical implementation of anti-doping programmes in National Governing Bodies. The Irish Sports Council thanks those who attended, and for those who were unavailable, the presentations are available below.
The speakers were as follows:
- Opening address by Dr Úna May, Director of Anti-Doping Irish Sport Council
Dr Una May Past and Current Initiatives Presentation 1.pdf (size 2.1 MB)
- Mary Dawson, Logistics Officer, High Performance (Anti-Doping Officer), Triathlon Ireland
Mary Dawson Triathlon Ireland Presentation.pdf (size 1.1 MB)
- Dermot Howlin, Policy & Welfare Manager (Anti-Doping Officer), Gymnastics Ireland
Dermot Howlin Gymnastics Ireland Presentation.ppt
- Robert Mooney, High Performance Coordinator (Anti-Doping Officer), Swim Ireland
Robert Mooney Swim Ireland Presentation.pdf (size 665.7 KB)
- Dr Pat O'Neill, Irish Sport Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel - Panel member
Dr Pat O'Neill Irish Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel Presentation.pdf (size 842.1 KB)
- Harry Leech, President of Weightlifting Ireland
Harry Leech Weightlifting Ireland .pdf (size 529.4 KB)
- Dr Audrey Kinahan, Pharmacist Eirpharm.com
Dr Audrey Kinahan Eirpharm Presentation.pdf (size 728.1 KB)
- Dr Kate Kirby - Sport Psychologist, WADA & ISC Funded research on 'Cheating In Sport'
Dr Kate Kirby School of Psychology UCD Presentation.pdf (size 308.1 KB)
- Dr. Úna May, Director of Anti-Doping
Dr Una May Future Initiatives Presentation 2.pdf (size 767.5 KB)
- Keynote speaker Mr. David Howman, WADA Director General
David Howman Current Challenges and Possible Responses; Perspectives on the Way Forward Presentation.pdf (size 1.2 MB)
David Howman Update on the World Anti-Doping Code Review Presentation.pdf (size 611 KB)
To order education materials that were mentionned in the presentations access: Irish Sports Council Anti-Doping Resources
Feedback forms, WADA Code Review Survey etc will be issued shortly.
Details of the Annual Report 2011 launch are available here.