The applicant NGB will formally apply to Sport Ireland for recognition as a NGB by making a submission with relevant supporting information. The submission will include a cover letter, a completed Application Form along with supporting documentation.
- Sport Ireland officers will process the application and present the case to the Sport Ireland Recognition Committee for consideration.
- The Committee, which meets as required, will consider the case and make its recommendation to the Board of Sport Ireland.
- The Board of Sport Ireland will decide on the matter and make a final decision.
- Sport Ireland will notify the applicant on the outcome of the Board decision. If the application is unsuccessful the applicant will have the right to appeal.
- Sport Ireland will publish, annually, the list of recognised NGBs.
- Sport Ireland reserves the right to withdraw recognition to a NGB should it fall into disrepute and demonstrate non compliance with the NGB criteria.
- It should be noted that recognition by Sport Ireland of an NGB does not automatically confer the right to be allocated Sport Ireland funding. Sport Ireland funding will be invested to support NGBs in line with Sport Ireland's strategic priorities.
References to NGB / NGBs within this document are for ease of reference only and does not confer or imply that Sport Ireland recognises the status of the applicant body as the National Governing Body for its sport.