How to apply for the 2012 Pursuit of Excellence Programme:
1. Each applicant must complete an application stating their ability to meet the programme entry criteria. This application can be downloaded at here. This application must be approved by the designated high performance lead in each applicant's national governing body. The closing date for applications is February 1st 2012 at 5pm.
2. The Institute of Sport then engages with the designated high performance lead in your sport to shortlist applicants in accordance with the entry criteria.
3. A final decision on successful applicants will then be made by the Pursuit of Excellence Programme management team by February 8th 2012.
4. Successful Podium Programme applicants will be invited to the Institute of Sport with the designated high performance lead in their sport to complete a professional needs analysis and agree an individualized 2012 coach performance support plan. This meeting with take place from March 6th - 9th at the Institute of Sport.
5. Successful Horizon Programme applicants will be invited to their 1st programme event on November 29th - 30th 2012 to complete a professional needs analysis and agree an individualized 2013 coach development support plan.
"I believe that the PEP program 2011 impacted positively in my ability to perform as a coach , and has given me greater confidence in my ability"
Dave Malone, Paralympic Swimming, 2011 Programme Participant